21 January 2007

Crazy flight weekend

Had a flight booked to Cologne for Friday, but I was really missing Caroline all week… we chatted on Skype, sent lots of mail, sms… but by Thursday I felt I had to see her as soon as possible…
solution…
Fly a day early to Cologne!
Yep, I just booked another flight on Germanwings and left work at 17:30… was packed "light" and on the bus at 18:30… only to find the 20:05 flight was delayed due to a big storm in Germany. Had planned to arrive outside her flat as a sort of surprise, but in the end I had to call and discuss my arrival with her as the flight didn’t leave until 23:30. My girl came to the airport to collect me a 01:30 in the morning… but it was all worth it, to see her there waiting just for me… another special airport hug and kiss from Caro, that made this delayed flight so really worth while.
Back to her flat as quick as we can, and despite the late hour, were appreciating each other in her bed until the early hours of the morning.

Friday and Caroline was off to her course and I stayed at home and worked on my laptop, phoned to some customers and answered lots of e-mail. Did a little shop at lunch time and smiled as the helpful shop keepers discussed the produce in German with me…must start learning this language :)
Caroline came home and we dropped off her car and went for a walk… then she stopped at Katja’s for a “boyfriend” chat and I picked up some stuff and cooked dinner for us.
We played a little backgammon and chatted then went to bed.

Saturday… we go stuck in bead again and had a great morning rolling around in bed. Had breakfast and rode bicycles into the centre of Cologne to do some tea mug shopping… but with no big luck. Then it poured down with rain and we went to Starbucks for a fika. Had a long discussion about Caroline’s plans to try and study in Maastricht for the first year after the summer, and that she has really made the decision to come and live with me. Lots of mixed feelings here… I was happy she’s made a decision… and some little initial concerns about what the course in Maastricht will mean for us being together. But after I’ve had time to discuss this more with her, and think about it… I now I see its probably not a problem… and a good way for Caro to take this big step in her life.
We go out for a really good dinner on Saturday evening, to a little restaurant we’ve talked about before not far from her flat. It’s an Iranian cook and a little Lebanese’s inspired food…very good food…. And again Caroline takes the opportunity to tell me she’s happy she’s made the decision to want to move and live with me… and this feels very good and I’m very happy were both working towards making this happen. I just love this girl.

Sunday… and were just taking it easy again, getting up late and having a sort of late breakfast again. We take a walk along the edge of the river in the wind and sun… look a little exhibition…..but as usual were running out of time. Borrow the car again and Caroline drives me to the airport. More airport pictures to keep up our tradition… must be a good one there this time. And now another trip is over… but some big moments and big commitments to me from Caroline… my girl, my love and the one who wants to live with me…wow… this is really the start of a new part in my life…. And I’m really looking forward to living together with her… wherever we end up living in the long term!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

How precise, I am impressed!
It's a shame this storm spoiled your surprise for me but I highly revere your purpose ;-)

An eventful weekend. Moving and momentous in a few ways.
I feel like I've grown 2 cm's
:-)