06 January 2007

A German film

While Caroline was here in Stockholm we went to see another film together. The original German title was “Das Leben Der Anderen”….in Swedish its called “De andras liv”. Set in 1984, it’s about a Stasi agent in the secret police of East Germany who gets personally involved with the people he is watching.
It’s a while since I’ve been to seen a foreign film, so I’m not used to reading the Swedish sub-titles. I kept looking at the people and forgetting to read the text. It was a good film which brought tears to my eyes at least twice. I really liked it and I think it gave a very vivid view of what it was really like living in this pre-unified era in Berlin. Caroline like it too, and as always, I enjoyed her by my side in the cinema…my girlfriend and me watching a film together…one of my favourite pastimes.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Also for me one of the very favourite pastimes together with my boyfriend
:-)