06 February 2007

The Queen

“The Queen” Director: Stephen Frears

Hannah, Emma and Caroline and I all went to see this film together. It had just been released here in Sweden and the only tickets we could get were at the very front… not a good place to sit, so we quickly moved further back and found some seats that weren’t occupied… that was lucky. The film was great. HELEN MIRREN plays Queen Elizabeth at the time when Lady Diana dies in a car crash. The story then shows how she reacted and how the new PM at the time Tony Blair has to deal with this political and family crisis. They mix actual news footage into the film and this helps to make the story realistic and at times very moving. I have always liked Diana and as she had the same birthday as me, she was born in the same year as well… I always felt sort of connected to her in some way because of this. The film was very emotional and I don’t think I have ever had so many tears running down my cheeks as in this film.
10 out of 10… a film you must see.

No comments: