09 September 2006

My great girls

I’ve had a good week with Hannah and Emma at home and we’ve managed to spend some time together eating together some evenings and talking about our lives and what were doing. There growing up…or are grown up now! I’m pleased they can talk to me about their lives, their friends and boyfriends. I have tried hard not to be a disaster dad who doesn’t understand his children and with this week in mind, I’m sort of thinking I managed to get this right with them. I want to keep in touch with my children all through their lives and I hope that even when they move away, that they will always be able to call or come home to tell me about the bad or good times their experiencing.

Work has been tough this week with lots of pressure and problems and I need to try and relax this weekend. I’m off to the US on business on Monday for a week and I will be in Berlin all the following week at an exhibition. After that I will fly on to Köln for the weekend with Caroline and as usual I find myself very much looking forward to that. In fact I can hardly wait to see her eyes and embrace her in my arms again.

No comments: