23 August 2006

Business in London

London is a good place to visit on business as my brother Michael and sister Zoë live there. I have a major rail project developing in London and so I’m in London for 2 days to visit the customer and system integrator for a project meeting. Michael lives in central London not far from Tower Bridge. I stay with him instead of a hotel, that’s much nicer and gives me a chance to se him. He’s just moved into a new apartment, which is great and even bigger than his last one! On the Tuesday evening, I meet up for an after-work drink in Canary Wharf with Michael, Zoë and Lindsey, a girl friend of theirs. We sit outside and have a few drinks, chat and laugh about life, and then we eat at one of the restaurants nearby. It’s good to be here and see them and I’m glad I have a good relationship with them despite the distance.

I hope I can bring Caroline here some day soon to meet them too. Its less than a week to go before I will see her again in Cologne and I am hoping the coming days will go quickly.

No comments: