27 August 2006

Matters of the heart

What’s important for me in a relationship? I woke up this morning with this big question on my mind again, its one I have been trying to spend time on over the last few weeks. I try to and decide what’s important for me in a relationship and relate this to my girlfriend Caroline. But each time I try to think about it, all the things I have in my mind get mixed up and I find it hard to focus on them and I end up giving up with the process and hoping it will be clearer next time I try, but it isn’t. Why is it like this?
There are so many different factors that make a relationship good and I think we have already established that lots of them are working for us… the attraction to each other, the form of our bodies, the way we touch, caress and kiss each other… the way we make love to each other. I’m a big believer in the chemical factors, the taste of a kiss, taste of the body and scent of each other and all these are working for me. The “like the same things” list like food and music is growing too. We still have lots more to talk about and get to know about each other and what makes us the people we are, what made us the way we are and what we want from life in the future… but my heart is beating faster when we meet and when we have intimate moments and this thing with the heart is perhaps at the centre of this relationship question… its very important and difficult to understand sometimes… but it feels good.

No comments: