02 August 2006

2 days on the track

Wow… a great two days on the track with Josip and Elis in Karlskoga with my mc. We put the two bikes into a van and drove to the track on Sunday afternoon. The two day course on Monday and Tuesday was such good fun. I had a good instructor and learnt loads of things about riding fast that I’ve never fully understood before. Loads about cornering techniques, steering, breaking points, looking ahead into the corner etc. I even rode round with my instructor on the back of my bike at speed, then him with me on the back. It was a little scary, but very useful, seeing where put the power on and how far the bike can go. Got my lap time to about 1:30, which isn’t so fast compared to the fast guys at Gelleråsa, but not bad after just 2 days there and 2nd visit to a track. I was happy anyway. Unfortunately Elis dropped his Kawasaki on Monday in the last session and scraped up one side. He was OK and the bike was still ok to ride so him and Josip still managed to ride on the Tuesday as well. Looking forward to doing another track like that again soon :)
Caroline has said she’s coming to Sweden on Thursday evening to stay for the weekend, great, cant wait to see her again.

No comments: