31 August 2006

Landing in Köln again

Destination Köln, to meet Caroline, for the 4th time and my 2nd visit to her place. I’m tired and try to catch up on sleep on the plane, drifting off, I’m happy to find Caro slipping easily into my dreams. My Germanwings 2 hour flight from Stockholm arrives on-time in Köln and I wait to collect my bag, wondering how she will look this time, she’s coming to collect me in a friend’s car. I walk out into the arrivals hall to see her waiting for me, looking great and very happy. Its so good to have her in my arms again…kissing and hugging…it’s a long time since I landed at an airport and had someone there waiting for me, longing for me…I cant tell you how good that feels.
She drives us back to her flat and it’s great to be there again. We share a cool beer and I’m delighted to find she has a present for me…its one of these travelling wash bags she has and that I had said I wanted…waiting in the bathroom with a message on it for me. I’m happy I bought her a present too, and she seems pleased with the underwear I give her. It’s late and we are soon on our way to her bed. We want each other so much after almost 2 weeks of being apart and we make love in a passionate and fulfilling way.
On Friday morning I wake alone in her bed. Caro has to work in the morning so I take lazy lie-in. She’s working in a school and we have arranged to meet up later on when she’s finished after lunch. I eat some breakfast and take the bicycle Caro’s borrowed for me and cycle to meet her. It’s a beautiful ride along the side of Rhine which is just a few blocks from her flat. I stop on a small grassy patch on the bank of the river and strip to my shorts as the sun has come out and it’s suddenly hot. I bought a small German phrase book when I was in London and now spend a bit of time trying to get to grips with some of the basic German greetings and stuff…this is going to take time! Caro arrives and after a chat about her troubles at work, we ride back into Köln and stop for coffee and light lunch one of her favourite cafes. We pickup some shopping on the way home. The area she lives in is small streets, full of small community shops and has a nice busy and local feel to it, despite the fact that were just a short walk from the city centre, I like this a lot. Our evening spent eating out at a local Tapas Bar and again were deep into stories about our past and discussing our lives and comparing views on these things. Its very easy to talk openly about everything with Caroline and that’s very important for both of us and to our progress together.

No comments: