23 November 2006

Calls to my family

I have been talking both my Mum and Dad on the phone this week about Caroline. I’ve been pleased the way they have both been asking about my new girlfriend. I don’t speak to them so often, every few weeks or so, and some times months go by before we speak again. I had previously discussed Caroline with my mum, so she already knew about her. She was anyway asking about our trip to Madrid and was pleased to hear our relationship is moving forward, which it is :) She doesn’t seem so surprised, but that’s perhaps not so strange, as I left England some time ago and have previously been together with a girl from another country, so nothing seems to surprise her any more. I spoke to my dad this evening and he mentioned it right away. He’d had the news from my auntie Carol, who had sent him a print out of an e-mail I sent her. My dad doesn’t have a pc and doesn’t want one either, so he’s always the last to hear any news. Nonetheless, he sounded very pleased and asked how my German was going…I have to admit I haven’t learnt so much yet. He remembers some as he was stationed in Berlin when he was a young marine. So I was happy to discuss Caroline with them both and look forward to taking her to England to meet them.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Really would like to check out your dad's german someday :-)

It's nice that they are both glad for you!