01 November 2006

In Poland

I’m in Poland on business this week, in Gdansk. This is a very pretty city and well worth a visit if you get the chance. After all the Polish history and wars and solidarity movement etc. the people are very friendly and proud of their city, which has been completely rebuilt. It was burnt to the ground, but is now restored to its original beauty. The old town is very large and has some very interesting architecture to look at and explore. As usual, I only had time for a quick tour, but the Polish guy who showed me around was very well informed and talked continuously about the city and its history. A good thing to try is their soup, which is served in a bowl made of bread! Very tasty, all of it.
I’m flying to see Caroline “on the way home”, which is actually a little detour around Europe, but as usual, I cant wait to see her again.

No comments: