16 November 2006

Friday in Madrid

I had some work to do on Friday morning, so I had to get up and leave my beautiful girl at the hotel. So while I discussed the details of a major project with Madrid Metro, Caroline explored the old streets of Madrid, enjoyed the fabulous weather…which at 18degC, was much warmer than usual and much better than the rain that had dominated the weeks before we arrived. Now it was sunny and warm, and Caroline was enjoying her free time. I finally got back from my business at about 7 and met Caro waiting for me in the hotel lobby. We changed and then walked down through the old town in Madrid and found a little Tapas bar near the Royal Palace. This Spanish food is so good, and we ate the special cooked pepper dish and the cooked potatoes with eggs…just so good. It was just perfect there. Then we walked to a small bar and had a drink, and then to another bar where they were playing live Flamenco music. Caro had found this place on the internet and it was fun to see the way the locals joined in and sang these strange Spanish songs. Then on the way back to our hotel, a small disaster, Caroline had her wallet stolen. There followed some distressed moments and phone calls to credit card companies, but we eventually got things in some order. I felt so sorry for Caroline…she’s not an un-careful person, it was just very bad luck. We eventually got into bed, a little distracted by the evening’s events and very tired. I did my best to console her over the lost wallet and we soon fell asleep in each others arms.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

As I already said...you were just sweet and caring.....so no reason not to come down quite fast ;-)
And the rest of the evening was greatly spanish with delicious food, wine and music!