18 November 2006

Seven!

Sunday in Madrid
Again we wake in a warm embrace… we have to catch breakfast before 11 and get off to the German Embassy to fix a temporary ID for her. Its not far away and the ID’s soon fixed. Then we walk to the park and find a quiet spot on the grass to lie-down, soak up the Spanish sun and talk to each other. We have a lovely chat about lots of things and how we met in Greece. How we met on that last night, in that bar, and now 4 months later, I’m so unbelievably happy and in love with this girl. So I have to say that this was the luckiest meeting ever.

When we get back to the hotel, it was clear we both wanted to take advantage of the last few hours in Madrid together in our hotel bed. I live in a permanent state of anticipation that I’ll be able to re-live this day, to see if there’s a limit to our enjoyment of each other.
At the airport we again find it hard to separate, and as she’s leaving me, I want to say it, but I don’t get the right moment, and as she goes through to the plane, I want her to look back and see me through the glass, so I can point to my heart and then to her, but she’s gone with a wave, and now my heart is aching and I know this means that I do love her.
Its funny how its hard to say sometimes…but I can do this the next time we meet…because I can write it now its true…see…I love you :-)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

And I love you.