28 November 2006

Lucky Tuesday

Well after being reminded by my boss I might need a visa for India, as I’m due to fly there next week on business. I made some calls and yes, shit, I needed one. Not like me to miss something like this! Suppose this is what happens when someone else organises a trip for you…anyway,
I had to download and fill out the forms, had a photo and my passport at work, lucky, dived into my car and rushed into town. Ran into the embassy at 11:55, they close at 12:00, lucky, and sat down and waited. Waited an hour for my number to come up, which was last. Was advised that it takes 5 to 10 day to get a visa! Showed him the letter saying I would be meeting the Railways Minister and that it was very important, also that I was flying on Monday! Monday! he said. Yes I said, can you fix it by then, PLEASE. After some more questions I seemed to be winning. Can you collect it on Monday at 12 he said, Yes I said, lucky. Ran back to the car, which I had abandoned in a very illegal position, no parking ticket, VERY LUCKY. I’m sure there’s a good moral to this story…but who cares, sometimes you just have to be a bit lucky!

No comments: